SAMTEC & MICTOR Bug Katcher™
In response to designers’ need for fine-pitch debug and the ability to monitor signals using a logic analyzer and an oscilloscope at the same time, ET created these new adapters allowing designers easy access and probing capability for individual and hard to reach signals in high-speed electronic designs.
DESIGNING IN SIGNAL ACCESS USING SAMTEC / MICTOR CONNECTORS
High speed designs and increased circuit complexity have created a need for designers to use Samtec and Mictor connectors to provide for the monitoring of high speed signal during the design and debug stage of an electronic design. The Samtec ASP-65067-1 connector and the Tyco Mictor connector 2-767-004-2 have become standards in providing signal access to the important signals on the printed circuit board. Using these connectors with a logic analyzer or an oscilloscope reduce capacitive input loading and improve isolation between adjacent channels.
SIGNAL ACCESS MADE SIMPLE
These Bug Katchers enable designers who have integrated Samtec or MICTOR connectors into their designs to interface an Agilent logic analyzer and oscilloscope at the same time using only one adapter. The user simply unplugs the Agilent probe from his test setup and plugs in either the Samtec or MICTOR Bug Katcher adapter. Each Bug Katcher adapter is manufactured with .025” square test points on the top to connect an oscilloscope to individual signals, the Samtec or MICTOR connector on the bottom connects to the target board, and an additional Samtec or MICTOR connector is mounted on the side of the Bug Katcher adapter to connect to the Agilent logic analyzer.
FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Users can perform logic analysis and monitor signals with an oscilloscope or other instrument at the same time using the .025” square test points provided on both sides of the adapter
- Samtec and MICTOR connectors ensure a one-step secure and easy attachment
- Test points also provide quick connection of test cable assemblies or test probes
- 4 layer PCB with ground planes for reduced noise and cross talk
- Each signal pin number is silk-screened on the probe adapter for easy signal identification